Munich Germany is a city in the state Bavaria. Would you like to know what the real interesting sights in Munich Germany are? I will tell you 12 of my good ones.
If you would like to know something about the city and its history, visit my website for information about that. In this article I will let you know of 12 insider tips of this German city - short and sweet - so that you can print them out and easily scour the sights.
First, once you arrive in the city, go to the tourist information office. It is located at Munich Germany main station (outside) or at Marienplatz (downtown).
Also, since you already know that this city is venue of the well-known Oktoberfest, there is actually no need for me to tell you anything about that, right?
Now, shall we get started? Great!
TOP 10 Bars and Restaurants
1. An absolute must-see and must-experience is the "Hundskugel" (Dogs Ball) located in Hotterstrasse in old town. This is Munich's oldest house which has the perfect ambience for original Bavarian food (e.g. "Schweinshaxe" -- knuckle of pork). Quite frankly, once you were here, your friends will become envious you were there without them.
2. The "Schuhbecks in den Suedtiroler Stuben" (Schubecks in the South Tyrol Rooms) is a tavern with notable factor. They serve original Bavarian cuisine in high quality. It is located at "Platzl" in old town.
3. Another excellent restaurant with original Bavarian cuisine is "Gasthaus Beim Sedlmayr" (Tavern by Sedlmayr). The funny and happy waiters make your time even more glamorous and jollier. Their menu has "all you ever need" once you are in Munich.
4. The "Haxnbauer im Scholastikahaus" (sorry, I'm not able to translate that yet...;-), located next to Marienplatz in Sparkassenstrasse, inspires visitors to stay longer than they might want once they enter. It's just amazing, old woody walls and tables, smelling beer and meat, just unforgettable.
5. If you are looking for a chance to see famous football stars and actors, you have to go to the noble P1. I must admit it is not easy to enter this exceptional bar, but definitely worth more than one try. You will find it in Prinzregentenstrasse. The location is, however, quite hidden. Only a small sign beside stairs refers to the legendary club discotheque. Tip: It might be a bit easier if you go in as a couple.
Sightseeing and culture
6. Stroll along Ludwigstrasse. Ludwig I. underlined the royal Munich with this classicistic boulevard. As a road of sciences, the Ludwigstrasse (Ludwigstreet) is one of the most monumental and most generous roads created in the 19th century. The monument of king Ludwig I on Odeonsplatz, created by Max Widmann, reminds of the owners and name giver who had to withdraw in 1848 after the Lola Montez affair.
7. The Maximilianstrasse (Maximilian Street) spreads still old flair while strolling through this historical street. With museums and theatres, galleries and numerous exclusive shops, this splendour road certainly belongs to the most distinguished addresses of Munich Germany.
8. Are you art and historical interested? Then walk along the Prinzregentenstrasse (Prince Regent Road). It is considered as museum mile. Prince Regent Luitpold let put on this avenue road at the end of the 19th century.
9. The Englischer Garten (English Gardens) is Munich Germany's famous 900-acre park. It is actually starting in the heart of the city and transitioning into the countryside. The park offers shaded paths for walking and cycling in summer and picturesque frozen lakes in winter. In addition, it contains four beer gardens (Chinesischer Turm, Seehaus, Hirschau, Aumeister), whose invite to stay long after sunset.
10. Marienplatz is world-wide well-known with the "new" Neo-Gothic City Hall and its "Gingle Bells" sounds. Acutally a huge square with some interesting taverns. Visit http://www.smart-travel-germany.com/munich.html for additional information and images.
By the way, from Munich Germany's main station, it is a quite short way to downtown and old town -- just a few minutes walk.
Enjoy your trip!
All the best,
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com